When operating a business it is a requirement that Business Banking is operated in separate accounts from personal banking.
Murphy Thompson Moore have referral processes for a selection of UK banks. During the incorporation you will be offered a choice of these, should you require them. Simply click on the Select button next to the one you choose. Upon incorporation a referral will be automatically sent to the appropriate organisation. You should then receive direct communication in order to discuss your requirements. These are subject to status and the Terms & Conditions of each bank. The banks we currently offer referrals to are listed below.
Barclays Business Current Account
How it works
- As soon as your company is incorporated, your details will be sent via secure link to Barclays.
- Barclays will call you, within 48 hours, to arrange a welcome meeting at a time and branch to suit you and will instruct you to what ID to bring with you.
- Your dedicated Business Manager will have everything Barclays needs to provide you with your account details after the meeting.
Barclays have a number of ways to help you manage your account, including:
- 12 months free banking and a guarantee to keep you on their best deal after that.
- Loyalty bonus - reduced charges the longer you bank with them.
- The flexibility to Manage you account online, by phone,via the Barclays Mobile Banking app, or in branch.
- Get paid instantly using just your mobile number with Barclays Pingit.
- Support and guidance from the Business Banking telephone team.
- Barclays Business Banking telephone team aims to resolve every query straight away.
- If your query can't be settle there and then, you'll be given a named point of contact who will take personal responsibility for looking into the query and making sure you're kept informed until it's resolved.
The Barclays Business Current Account is subject to normal bank credit and money laundering checks.
Sorry, but if you are not resident in the UK, we cannot offer you a bank account under this scheme.
Lloyds Bank Business Account for Start-ups
You've got the ambition, the vision and the drive. We've got the experience that comes from helping thousands of people realise their dreams. We are committed to supporting start-ups, and with an account that is designed to be easy and accessible, we'll help you get your business off to the best possible start.
Features and Benefits
- 18 months free day-to-day business banking.
- After free banking, simple pricing with free electronic payments, including debit card transactions and cash point withdrawals.
- Manage your account at any time via our helpful, secure mobile app or internet banking.
- Register for free text alerts.
- Banking locally with our extensive branch network, cash points and Instant Deposit Machines.
- Dedicated support from our UK based business management team.
- Access to tools and insight, using Business ToolBox and Business KnowledgeBox.
Is your business eligible?
To apply for a business account for start-ups, you should:
- Require the account for business use.
- Be a sole trader, partner or director.
- Be aged 18 or over.
All applications are subject to status and terms and conditions. See Lloyds Bank for more Information.
Connect with RBS today and benefit from:
- 2 years free banking for start-up businesses.
- 24/7/365 telephony business service to answer queries.
- Manage you accounts online or using or mobile app.
- Instant alerts to inform you of any account activity.
2 Years Free Banking
Available to start-ups with an annual turnover less than £1 million, where the business has been trading for less than one year. RBS reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose this offer without prior notice. All credit applications are subject to approval. Over 18's only.
Free banking will commence from the date you account is opened and means that charges for the day-to-day running of your account (known as your 'service charge') will not apply during the free banking period. Charges for 'Unarranged Borrowing', 'Additional Services' and 'Bankline Charges' are not part of the free banking offer. At the end of this period, you will automatically revert to the Standard Published Tariff. However, you will also have the opportunity to select a different tariff if your business banking needs have changed.
See Royal Bank of Scotland for further information of terms.
Please note that all bank applications are subject to the individual bank's Terms and Conditions and that Murphy Thompson Moore LLP simply refer you to them and have no influence on their decisions. The wording used on this page is that of the individual banks.